I'm back after spending the last eight days in Portugal. While coming home and back to reality after a break can be difficult, I always look forward to coming home to my fluffy little pupsters. Being reunited with them is honestly the best feeling, and puts the biggest smile on my face.

We stayed in a resort called Praia D'el Ray which is around an hour away from Lisbon, and a peaceful haven for golfers. The hotel was located on a secluded beach on the doorstep of the Atlantic Ocean - perfect for a chilled out break. It turns out surfing is pretty big out there, much the same as golf is to the Algarve, and the local town is a stop on the World Surf Tour - pretty cool huh?
Obidos
While we were in the area we visited the beautiful hilltop town of Obidos. The main attraction of this traditional Portuguese town is the breathtaking architecture, and the fact that the town is walled the whole way around. You can walk along these walls and see the town from a different perspective, just don't look down! We had the most bizarre dining experience here. We sat down at our table and were told the chef would serve us a plate of what he was cooking that evening. This had us intrigued, and as I've been to Portugal before, I was expecting a simple yet yummy dish like piri-piri chicken, or seafood, being so close to the sea. What arrived was pork (which I really don't like), starchy rice and leeks. We looked at each other and laughed. It was one of those 'is this for real?' moments. We didn't understand the mystery surrounding this dish, it was bizarre. I didn't want to offend the chef, and there was no way I was going to eat the food, so I was contemplating wrapping it in a napkin and putting it in my handbag to throw away! Luckily M came to the rescue and offered to eat mine. That's love right there. I still get the giggles thinking about it. What's your strangest dining experience? I'd love to hear your stories.

Now that I'm back I'm switching up my everyday products ready for autumn/winter, and organising my bases. Post to follow! 
Obidos
Marriott Praia D'el Ray