Hailing from London's trendy King's Road, Duck & Dry is a blow dry bar offering a menu of styles using their signature range of hair care products, which are now available to buy online from here. Their products are made in Somerset, using natural ingredients such as honey, coconut oil and shea butter, in a weightless silicone free formula. I've been using the Liz Earle shampoo and conditioner (review) and I've been quite happy, but when I saw Duck & Dry in December's issue of Cosmopolitan magazine, I just couldn't resist. Their products promise to be lightweight, adding volume, fullness and shine - just what I've been searching for. 

Up, Up & Away Shampoo £14 for 250ml. What they say: 

Take your tresses to new heights with this beautifully scented and luxuriously smooth Up, Up and Away Shampoo. Its feather light formula delivers a squeaky clean and weightless finish while adding fullness to your hair. Packed with natural active ingredients and essential oils, it leaves hair super soft and shiny. The perfect addition to your hair care regime.

Packaging. The packaging is very minimalist and chic. However it's not the most practical for a shampoo and conditioner, as I find the screw top extremely fiddly to use in the shower.

Product. The shampoo is clear and almost sticky - must be the honey. I find a small amount does the job, so a bottle will last ages. The scent has two layers -  the first one is herbal, almost medicinal, and the second one is light and floral. I can't say it's my favourite, but it isn't bad. The more I use it the more it grows on me. The shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean, but feeling extremely dry and rough. It feels very harsh despite the natural ingredients, and as someone with particularly knotty hair, it made me wonder how I was going to get a hairbrush through it.

Up, Up & Away Conditioner £16 for 250ml. What they say:

Add a boost of moisture and lustre to your hair with this post-shampoo treat! Up, Up and Away Conditioner is ultra-lightweight, boasting a unique blend of natural active ingredients and essential oils that work to nourish and hydrate. Leaving hair perfectly detangled with just the right amount of oomph and body ready for your styling regime.

Packaging: The packaging is the same as the shampoo, which I found pretty impractical. It was quite difficult to get the product out of the bottle as it's a thick formula, so this required a lot of squeezing - way too much effort than it should be.

Product. The scent is a muted version of the shampoo, it smells very organic which I quite like. It's a thick formula, doesn't my weigh hair down but doesn't do a great job of detangling my hair either. I don't think it works particularly well with the shampoo, as the shampoo is so harsh. I think it would work well paired with a more nourishing shampoo though.

Verdict. I wanted to love these, but they just didn't wow me. The shampoo left my hair very light in a 'stripping your hair of all moisture' kind of way...so technically those claims are true. It left my hair very rough and frizzy, needing to use a lot of styling products afterwards which weighed my hair down in the end. The conditioner was quite nice, but given how difficult it was to dispense the product, it just wasn't for me.