Following my disappointment with Living Proof, which you can read here. I've been using Liz Earle's Botanical Shine range of shampoos and conditioners, and I must say I'm hooked.

If you're a regular reader on my blog you'll know that I like to take care of my hair, and try to stay away from parabens, sulfates and silicone's. My hair gets dry and weighed down by these chemicals, and I don't like the fact that parabens add harmful hormones to your body. So for this reason I adopt a 'better safe than sorry' approach. 

Shampoo £10. The shampoo is a one size fits all, suitable for all hair types and comes in a 200ml tube. I've never come across a brand that offers only one shampoo option,  so I was very sceptical at first. I couldn't see how a product could work for both dry thick hair, and fine oily hair, but somehow it just works. The key ingredients are West African Shea Butter to moisturise, vitamin E, and apple and orange extracts for added shine. It's everything I want in a shampoo, and here's why:
  • Cleans without stripping
  • Reduces hair fall 
  • Doesn't make your hair flat
  • Contains no silicones, parabens or sulfates
  • Doesn't leave your hair oily 
  • Doesn't overly tangle hair
  • Thick and creamy, a little goes a long way
  • Has a pleasant herbal scent 

Conditioner £10. There are three conditioners to choose from. Each have apple, orange and Kalahari melon oil as their base ingredients, with a blend of ingredients to suit either, fine, normal, or dry hair. The conditioner for normal hair has the added ingredient of meadowfoam oil (sorry, what?), the one for fine to oily hair is infused with black cohosh, and the conditioner for dry hair features West African Shea butter. I've tried the ones for normal and dry hair, and prefer the formula for dry hair, which doesn't weigh my fine hair down. So here are my thoughts:
  • Doesn't weigh your hair down 
  • Won't make your hair greasy or limp
  • Has a pleasant herbal scent
  • Incredibly thick formula
  • Doesn't have much slip due to the lack of silicone's, so your hair may not untangle as easily
Final Thoughts. Liz Earle is so famously known for skincare, these are a bit of a dark horse. I'm incredibly happy with the products, and have already repurchased them. I think they outperform many high end hair care brands at a fraction of the price. Try these and you won't be disappointed!


I bought mine from John Lewis, but you can also buy them from larger Boots stores.